More About R80 Rugby Breakdown Training Packs
Force Hook Hit Shields
Multi- purpose tackling and breakdown training. The unique curved / hook head design allows for powerful contact whilst keeping the holder protected.
- A wide range of physical contact skills can be practiced at high-intensity.
Cross Bar & Pole Sets
- Highly effective body position training system.
- Set the cross bar to control the body position height players enter breakdown and tackling drills.
- Players dip from the hips under the bar before completing the breakdown activity.
Half Tackle Bags
- Size 780mm x 450mm. Weighs 28kg.
- Great for tackling and clean out drills.
- Designed for modern breakdown training focusing on very low contact point.
- Excellent for training a strong over the ball body position, grabbing and ball security strength when competing for those all important turnovers.
- Weighted soft shell medicine ball perfect for strengthening core, wrist and arm strength specific to grabbing the ball at the breakdown.
- Place the ball in at the end of a Half Tackle Bag to complete breakdown contact drills with ball grabbing.
Weighted Body Mover Breakdown Bag 30kg
- Weighted bag apprx the size of a torso that replicates moving or tipping bodies out of the collision area to clear the ball quickly.
- Place the torso bag for low punch clearance or higher for flip clearance.
- Portable resistance bands used to create resistance and develop core, strength, balance and clean out power.
- Adding mini strength bands and loaded resistance to add dynamic and functional load to multiple drills.
- From crawling to core strength, breakdown power, tackling, speed and even agility mini band and harness drills can't be beaten.
Strength Band Connectors
- Designed to safely attach mini bands together.
- Joining bands allows for longer loading and crawling drills.
- Training load can be controlled by joining bands of different strengths, connecting one or more bands.
Strength Band Loading Straps
- Allows coaches and trainers to control the amount of load and angle of resistance.
- Apply the load from behind, front, side on or dynamic moving.
- Develop core stability, body position and game specific power.
Pure Power Trainers
- The R80 Pure Power Trainer leads the way as the most popular rugby specific power, core stability, body position, scrum and breakdown training tool.
- Two players wearing heavy duty power harnesses are connected back to back.
- Both players get into scrum/ruck body positions and attempt to pull the other person backwards using forward driving power (keeping their backs parallel to the ground), strong core and ideal pushing technique.
Back to Breakdown Packs