Excellent for training a strong over the ball body position, grabbing and ball security strength when competing for those all important turnovers.
- Weighted soft shell medicine ball perfect for strengthening core, wrist and arm strength specific to grabbing the ball at the breakdown.
- Place the ball in at the end of a Half Tackle Bag to complete breakdown contact drills with ball grabbing.
- Pick and go drills using the weighted ball will greatly improve as the weight forces lower stronger pick up, go forward body position and ball security.
- Line out lifters use these balls to develop lifting speed, the texture has good grip and is easy to handle.
- 6kg ball suits 12-14 yrs
- 9kg ball suits youth and lower grade adult rugby.
- 12kg ball suits high level.
- (Note this ball is also known as the XLR8 Dead Ball/Slam Ball)